PADDLE SUPPORT PACKAGE - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO IS THE PADDLE SUPPORT PACKAGE FOR?
Paddle Australia (PA) and the State Paddle Associations (SPA) are very aware of some of the impacts COVID-19 is having on Clubs and their members. To help our community through this difficult time, we’ve developed the Paddle Support Package (PSP). The Package is designed to:
• help Clubs around Australia through the impact of COVID-19 and assist them to be best positioned as we come out of lockdown
• help members maintain their membership and get more value from their membership while some benefits (such as access to clubs and competition) are unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions
WHAT DOES THE PADDLE SUPPORT PACKAGE INCLUDE?
There are four key elements in the Paddle Support Package:
1. To help lighten the load a little, there is a 25% discount on 2020/21 PA and SPA fees for Club members on renewals and new memberships until the end of December this year when payments are made via the PA Membership and Events Portal (GoMembership).
2. The establishment of The Paddle On Foundation to help those in need keep paddling with their Club. New and renewing members affected by COVID-19 can make an application to the Foundation for support with their PA, PSA and Club membership. Members who are able will have the opportunity to make a tax-deductible donation to the Foundation to support their fellow paddlers.
3. Club members can gain free access to our new, online Introduction to Coaching course so they can upskill while they have time and can help coach new members when Clubs reopen. Club members who complete all course elements by 30 September 2020 will receive 12 months free registration as an Introductory Coach.
4. And we’re offering a three-month extension for all current PA qualification holders given they haven’t been able to use their qualifications for a while. Qualification end dates will be automatically extended.
CAN I ACCESS THE 25% MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT?
The 25% membership discount is available as follows:
• Members purchasing or renewing a Club membership will receive the 25% discount off their 2020/21 PA and SPA membership
• The PA and SPA component of the membership must be transacted through GoMembership
• On memberships purchased between 1 June and 31 December 2020
• The discount will be automatically applied at checkout in GoMembership
DOES THE 25% DISCOUNT APPLY ON TOP OF THE FAMILY MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT?
• Yes, the 25% discount off 2020/21 PA and SPA membership applies on top of the existing 30% Family discount
• Both discounts will be automatically applied at checkout in GoMembership when a family membership is purchased
CAN I APPLY TO THE PADDLE ON FOUNDATION FOR SUPPORT WITH PAYMENT OF MY MEMBERSHIP?
• The Paddle On Foundation has been established by PA and the SPAs to support existing or prospective Club members who have been adversely impacted by COVID-19
• If paying for your Club membership is causing undue financial pressure you can apply for support with your payment by completing a simple online application form
• The link to the online form was in the email you should have received from PA, it can be accessed on the PA website, or Click here Click here
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA TO QUALIFY FOR HELP FROM THE PADDLE ON FOUNDATION?
• The application process has been designed to be simple and accessible for all existing and prospective club members who have been adversely impacted by COVID-19 • As part of the application form you will be asked to outline the reason you are applying to the Paddle On Foundation for support with your membership fees • PA will review all applications and liaise with the relevant SPA and Club as required. • Applicants will be contacted within 3 business days. • The Paddle On Foundation will pay all or part of the 2020/21 PA, SPA and Club membership fee subject to review of each application.
HOW CAN I DONATE TO THE PADDLE ON FOUNDATION?
• You will have the opportunity to donate to the Paddle On Foundation when you purchase or renew your membership via GoMembership
• You will have the option to donate back the 25% discount you would otherwise receive, or select another tax-deductible donation amount (donations over $2 are tax deductible)
• You will receive your receipt for tax purposes by email from the Australian Sports Foundation within 3 weeks of making your payment via GoMembership
HOW ARE THE STRIPE FEES HANDLED ON PADDLE ON FOUNDATION DONATIONS MADE VIA GoMEMBERSHIP?
• The Stripe fees are incurred by the SPA as the donation is set-up in GoMembership
• The full value of the members’ donation will be receipted as their tax-deductible donation e.g.: if a member donates $30 they will receive their tax receipt from the Australian Sports Foundation for the value of $30
• The SPA will contribute the 2.3% to cover the gap in the donation value
ARE THERE OTHER WAYS TO DONATE TO THE PADDLE ON FOUNDATION?
• Donations can also be made directly via the donation page on the Australian Sports Foundation website. Click here to access the donation page
• Donations are tax deductible and a receipt will be provided for tax purposes
IS THE FOUNDATION JUST FOR COVID-19?
• The Paddle On Foundation has been established in response to the impact of COVID-19 and as part of the Paddle Support Package to help clubs and members through this time.
• At this stage, the Foundation is focused on this uniquely challenging time and its operating guidelines reflect the COVID-19 situation.
• However, PA and the SPAs envisage an ongoing role for The Paddle On Foundation, helping paddlers most in need and through particularly difficult times and experiences.
• Once we all get through the extended impacts of COVID-19, PA and the SPAs will revisit the vision for The Paddle On Foundation.
WHO CAN ACCESS THE FREE INTRODUCTION TO COACHING COURSE?
• The Introduction to Coaching Couse is free for all Club members who hold an active PA and SPA membership
• New members, once registered, are able to access the course for free
• To access the course for free you must register by 31 July 2020
• If you submit all course components to PA by 30 September 2020 you are eligible for 12 months free registration as an Introductory Coach
• The course will continue to be available from 1 August at standard member rates of $90 for the course and $60 for 3 years registration
HOW DO I ACCESS THE FREE INTRODUCTION TO COACHING COURSE?
• The link to access the course was in the email you should have received from PA, it can be accessed on the PA website, or click here
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE FOR THE COACHING COURSE?
• There is no age restriction for accessing and completing the online course
• If you are under 16 you are welcome to complete the online course however you will be unable to register for the qualification. Once you turn 16, PA will be happy to process your registration
DO YOU HAVE TO BE A CLUB MEMBER TO DO THE COACHING COURSE?
• No, the course is open to PA Direct members as well as non-members
• The price for Direct Members is $90 for the course and $60 for 3 years registration
• The price for non-members is $190 for the course and $60 for 3 years registration
WHAT DOES THE COACHING COURSE ALLOW ME TO DO AFTER I GET MY QUALIFICATION?
• The Introductory Coach works with paddlers who wish to gain coaching in core paddling skills.
• The Introductory Coach would ideally operate under the supervision of a current Level One Coach or above. However an Introductory Coach can work independently under the following conditions:
• Enclosed waters with no current and little wind influence.
• Hazards are minimal and there is always ready access to safe landing.
• Distance is no greater than 50m from shore.
• All participants are wearing lifejackets.
• All participants can swim.
• Participants have basic craft handling skills (moving craft forward and turning around)
• Ratio of 1:4
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ACCESS THE 3 MONTH EXTENSION ON MY PADDLE AUSTRALIA QUALIFICATION?
• There is nothing you need to do to take advantage of this extension - your qualification has been automatically updated and the renewal date for any qualification(s) you hold has been put back three months
• If you’d like to download a copy of your new certificate with the amended end date, you can log in to your account in the education system. In Paddle Log, simply click ‘refresh qualifications’ for your new expiry date to load
WHAT IF I STILL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
• Or Click here to access contact details for your State Paddle Association