Windsor: Race 2, 6th March, 2021.
Race 2 of the 2021 Marathon Series will be hosted by Windsor Paddlesports Club, and will incorporate the PaddleNSW Marathon State Championships. As such, it will be run under the Age/Class structure, with Non-Championship events offered for those who want to paddle a double or paddle their normal distance(s).
To simplify the entry process, there will be only four (4) primary entry categories :
* Championship ICF - for ICF Class K1 & C1 boats only, with portage as required by ICF age rules.
* Championship Non ICF - for ALL class boats, with no portage requirement.
* Non-Championship - for ALL class boats, at 5km, 10km, 15km or 20km distances.
* Non-Championship - for SUPs, at 5km, 10km, 15km or 20km distances.
Entries are via the Paddle Australia membership system, GoM. You need to log-in at: https://paddleaustralia.azolve.com/Account.mvc/LogIn
Then to (top menu) "Events & Courses". Scroll down to "Competitions". Then "Marathons" and finally:
"2021 PaddleNSW Marathon Series - Race 2 - Windsor (State Championships)" - and where you will see a map of Macquarie Park
Then: "Book as an Individual", and "Add to Cart" where you can fill in your details of boats, distance, any paddling partner, etc. A great race to continue (or start) your marathon paddling season (or your marathon paddling career!) Note: BYO Food and drinks.
[ For Wagga race results, got to: Wagga Race Results ]
Learn To Paddle 2020
A Taste of Paddling
For non-members who would like to try out paddling in a one off session. Bookings essential contact Patricia Ashton.
Participants will be able to try out a variety of boats, learn about equipment, boat handling, entry and exit techniques, basic paddling techniques and basic capsize procedures.
Sessions are run over 3 hours at a cost of $95pp and all boats, life jackets and paddles are provided.
Dates for 2021 Sunday March 14th 1pm - 4pm
Or, if you know you’re keen to paddle regularly:
Join the Burley Griffin Canoe Club - Join on line via https://paddleaustralia.azolve.com
New Members' Inductions will generally be held on the first Sunday of each month. We then offer beginner sessions at various times during the week, or, if you’re more advanced, there are training sessions with coaches which are more race & fitness orientated.
Find out more in Coaches and Instructor Opportunities
Covid 19 Guidelines
How we can continue to paddle within the guidelines. Basically:
1. Don’t attend if sick or recently arrived from overseas or recently in contact with a high risk person
2. Be careful with vulnerable people: older people and those with underlying health conditions
3. Excellent hand hygiene. Soap-wash or sanitiser.
4. Extra cleaning on all high contact surfaces
5. Physical distancing. 1.5m and 1 per 4m2
6. Keep a record of attendance to help with contact tracing.
Please read this document and comply with these conditions