Learn To Paddle 2020
A Taste of Paddling
For non-members who would like to try out paddling in a one off session.
Participants will be able to try out a variety of boats, learn about equipment, boat handling, entry and exit techniques, basic paddling techniques and basic capsize procedures.
Sessions are run over 3 hours and all boats, life jackets and paddles are provided.
Dates for 2020 October 25th, November 15th, December 13th 1pm to 4pm
Or, if you know you’re keen to paddle regularly:
Join the Burley Griffin Canoe Club - Join on line via https://paddleaustralia.azolve.com
New Members' Inductions will generally be held on the first Sunday of each month. We then offer beginner sessions at various times during the week, or, if you’re more advanced, there are training sessions with coaches which are more race & fitness orientated.
Find out more in Coaches and Instructor Opportunities
Covid 19 Guidelines
How we can continue to paddle within the guidelines. Basically:
1. Don’t attend if sick or recently arrived from overseas or recently in contact with a high risk person
2. Be careful with vulnerable people: older people and those with underlying health conditions
3. Excellent hand hygiene. Soap-wash or sanitiser.
4. Extra cleaning on all high contact surfaces
5. Physical distancing. 1.5m and 1 per 4m2
6. Keep a record of attendance to help with contact tracing.
Please read this document and comply with these conditions